We are the UK’s leading rail fraud investigation unit. We work closely with all the UK train operating companies as well as ATOC the Association of Train
We are committed to the elimination of fraud upon the railway network and we will seek to prosecute any offenders either through our own prosecutions
department or via the appropriate police agency.
All our Investigators are trained in PACE the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and all appropriate legislation.
We actively investigate any Bylaw offence such as the unlawful transfer of a rail ticket on such sites as ebay.
We also investigate such items as the sale of railway uniform or railway keys, as they may breach railway security and give rise to a terrorist attack. We
will investigate these as stolen property.
We will investigate any of the following items being sold on Ebay:
The list is not extensive.
- Railway tickets either blank or valid ie in date.
- Railway uniforms
- Carriage keys also known as T keys
- BR number 1 keys
- BR number 5 keys
- Gateline keys
- Railway literature that is intended for internal use only.
- High visibility vests
- Any item that is not commercially available bearing the First Group Logo. This includes any company associated with First Group.
- Any item that is not commercially available that bears any logo relating to any rail company that we are asked to investigate on their behalf.
- Ticket issuing machines.
- Any other item that would breach security or is the property of the associated railway company.
We do not investigate old used railway tickets as we consider these to be memorabilia.
IF YOU ATTEMPT TO SELL ANY ITEM THAT INFRINGES A NATIONAL RAIL CONDITION OF CARRIAGE OR THAT BREACHES A COPYRIGHT THEN WE WILL ASK EBAY TO REMOVE THE
ITEM FROM SALE. WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE FOR ANY OFFENCE.
For further information then you may contact us to ascertain whether your item infringes the policy or law.
Our Contact details are
Economic Crime, Fraud & Prosecutions Department
First Great Western Trains
1st Floor Brunel Arcade
Or you may telephone or fax
Telephone 0118 9596981 Fax: 0872 352 6760
Please mark all correspondence For the attention of the Economic Crime, Fraud & Legal Assurance Manager
Or email the Economic Crime, Fraud & Legal Assurance Manager At: